Rewriting content might seem like an easy task in the beginning. But are you savvy enough to remove plagiarism from it without botching it?
But fear not! Read until the end to know how to rewrite content and not kill your writing career in the process.
How do plagiarism checkers work?
Each piece of software has its own way of checking for plagiarism.
The most common ways are:
- String of words
- Keyword analysis
- Content style
If you are interested in learning more about the ins and outs of plagiarism checkers, check out our post “How a plagiarism checker works to make your life easier (or harder)”.
So, how do you remove plagiarism from rewritten content?
Before rewriting content, you have to analyze your options:
- Are you familiar with the topic? If not, how much time is it going to take you to research?
- How much time is it going to take you to rewrite your content?
- Do you have a feeder piece?
- How many licks does it take you to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
Okay, so you’ve decided to go ahead and rewrite a piece of content. Now, what do you need to be able to remove plagiarism?
When rewriting content en masse we start to get sloppy and start doing things routinely. Reading is a crucial part of rewriting.
Like many rewriter tools, you will miss the context and write some random gibberish.
Take your time and read your content.
Reading is not sufficient. You need to understand the content you are trying to rewrite.
Unless your rewriter tool uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) like Aiditorial. This is what separates machines from humans.
Many words have double meanings, this is where most rewriters often fail. NLP is an AI-based technology used to help computers learn and understand the human’s natural language.
Your clients will often come from different spectrums of the market. The odds of you knowing about almost every single thing you rewrite are low.
Part of the process of removing plagiarism when rewriting content is researching so you can imprint your own style of writing. Don’t skimp on researching!
In most cases, a quick 5-minute google will suffice.
When either writing or rewriting content, you need to set up to plan beforehand. Analyze your feeder piece. Look at its structure. Write down how you are going to begin and end.
Remember, the feeder content should work only as an inspiration for your own content.
Rewrite with Aiditorial
Aiditorial is an article rewriter that helps you to do both assisted rewriting and automatic rewriting.
It not only uses Natural Language Processing to understand your text, but it also integrates tools like:
- Word run highlight: A common tactic most programs use is check for strings of words. To avoid this and remove plagiarism from your content, Aiditorial will highlight strings of words that have yet to be rewritten.
- Auto spin: While Aiditorial is better suited for assisted rewriting, you can also use its capabilities to automatically rewrite a piece of content and do some slight editing.
- Favorite spin: To better imprint your writing style, favorite spin lets you mark your most frequently used words as synonyms when using auto spin or assisted rewriting with Aiditorial.
- Bulk Rewrite: If you’ve mastered using Aiditorial or have past experience with article rewriters, Bulk Rewrite is the tool for you. Just tell Aiditorial where your content directory is and it will automatically spin all the articles using your preset settings.
- Protected Terms: When rewriting SEO optimized content, the last thing you want is to lose that hard-worked optimization. With this tool, you can freeze keywords and have Aiditorial not spin them.
Rewriting content is useful for revitalizing an old site, getting exposure from other languages, dumbing things down for a new audience, etc.
One thing people often miss when rewriting content is check for plagiarism.
In the end, the most effective way to do so is by putting in the work. Yes, AI-based rewriters will make the job 1000 times easier but if you aren’t familiar with the content you are rewriting, you will fail.
If you’ve done your homework and you are ready to embark on this journey, make sure to check out our plans and see which suits you the best.
Also, remember to take advantage of Aiditorial’s 15-day free trial!